Curly Leave-In Substitute
Did you know you can use regular body lotion as a Leave-In for your natural curls?
1. Section your wet hair
2. Apply the lotion to wet hair
3. Work the lotion in from root to tip
4. Air dry
Half Straight & Half Curly
If you have a short curly cut, but the roots are curlier than the ends, I would suggest you apply a creamy textured Leave- In and dry with a diffuser attached to a blow dryer.
Put the diffuser directly on your scalp and moved it around in a circular motion while drying your hair. Make sure you are blow drying on a warm temperature.
*This is only recommended if you have a half curly/straight end short hair cut .
Flat Ironing Curly Hair
When I flat iron my hair, I use shampoo only and no conditioner. I use shampoos that DO NOT moisturize my hair because the moisture makes the curls curl tighter which makes it harder to straighten and requires the iron to be on a higher setting.
Here’s what I do:
- Shampoo, do NOT follow with a conditioner
2. Apply a heat protectant spray and blow dry each section
3. Apply a small amount of Grape Seed oil to each section
4. Flat iron between 375-425 degrees, using the chase method w/ a bristle brush